You are just a newly-minted Lake Bluff real estate agent. You passed the licensure exams with flying colors and you are raring to go and make some noise in your local real estate scene. One of the most important steps necessary in building a solid foundation is getting that very first sale, and from there, you can already start to create momentum. So how does a newbie real estate agent close more deals? Here are some valuable tips.
1. Confidence is Key – One of the first things budding Lake Bluff real estate agents should build and capitalize on is confidence, particularly on their abilities. You need to be able to radiate your confidence in front of prospective clients and let them know that you truly know what you are talking about. This way, you will be able to gain their trust that will lead to greater things.
2. Simplicity is a Must – Sometimes, you will come across with clients who do not want to go through all the computations and the different complicated terms and processes. In such cases, you need to keep things simple as much as you can. Try to explain things using terms that are easy to understand and try to make things short, so as not to overwhelm them with too much information.
3. Learn to Listen – Another important lesson you need to learn and practice in your career is the art of listening. It is crucial that you know that your clients need and want, and what they expect from you. You can only do so effectively if you spend time with them and pay close attention what they have to say. Let them know that they are in charge of things.
4. Honesty is Still the Best Policy – Even in the world of real estate, honest is still one of the best policies. You need to be honest and transparent when dealing with prospective clients. Since you are looking to gain their trust, your honesty and sincerity will certainly take you a long way and will reap you numerous benefits that extend to your future clients and transactions.
5. Be Prompt and Timely – Another important habit you should embrace is responding in a prompt and timely manner. Be ready to answer calls or emails from clients in an instant, as much as you can. If you fail to respond in a matter of hours, that will send the bad signal that you are not as accessible as you initially promised your clients.